Well, I have good news and bad news! The good news is that Geof and the boys had a great day in Baltimore and at Ft. McHenry! It was sunny and in the 70's. They looked at some big historic ships in the harbor, then took a water taxi over to the fort.
Anna Grace and I stayed in. She napped, managed to keep a pancake and milk down, and passed out for an hour. Sweet silence and stillness after a few days of craziness in prepping and traveling! Then she felt well enough to ride in a little stroller down to the harbor to meet the guys for dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. It was very bland, even compared to my cooking! And apparently Baltimore isn't high on the chain's list for cool memorabilia! (you might ask why we weren't enjoying seafood at every meal, but that's because we HATE seafood.)
Then we walked about a half mile back to the hotel in the rain. It was actually kind of nice because I came prepared with "emergency ponchos", or as some might see them, colorful trash bags with hoods. It was also nice because we are from TX and one generally doesn't walk in the rain for fear of electrocution. All the commuters whipped out their umbrellas as if their weatherman might be in some way trustworthy! ( I thought I had erased all this so I made a quick post with a picture.)
No comments:
Post a Comment