Since I am mother of the year, I
decided to start blogging again. I say that first clause because I
was visiting with a friend yesterday, and had to include MOTY in all
my anecdotes. For anyone not following, the phrase 'mother of the year' is now an accepted way to
explain that you failed again in the pursuit of all that is good and
holy in mothering. And because it comes up so often in writing, it is abbreviated as above. Here are a couple from yesterday, just for example.
“Yeah, the dentist told me, because I
never realized, that Jackson lost all four top teeth but the two
middle ones were taking up all the space in his mouth, and the other
two can't come in. [What? Do you not look in your child's mouth
occasionally? Does he never smile? This doesn't seem like an easy
thing to overlook!] It's especially awesome when you earn a MOTY
award from a health care professional. That is an achievement I'll
tell you. I would think if they were to add “and I've contacted
CPS” to the end of the presentation, that it would equal some sort
of gold plated MOTY trophy.
Oh but wait! That's not the end of
this tale of dental FAIL... “So the dentist said it's time for a
consultation with the orthodontist. So now I've made an appointment
for both boys, because I have completely forgotten/ignored her
recommendation from an entire year ago, that Cody needed to go.”
Yes, I totally just snuck up and TOPPED MYSELF for the award!!
Fortunately the dentist was very
accomplished in acting understanding and non judgmental about the
whole thing. I guess a few other moms out there have broken her in.
Or, she knows how to not drive away her paycheck.
One last thing to add to this, since we
are on the subject of teeth. That appt. is for May 1. I will
probably have plenty of material for a post just from going down this
road with my oldest. There is a reason I forgot/ignored getting him
an appt. Maybe during the consultation she will realize that she
needs to prescribe some sort of juvenile valium to take before we
come to each adjustment!! I am so not kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment