I got a little nostalgic for my childhood today. I was kind of in a funk, except that's normal, so I don't know that I can really call it that. So anyway, let the dog out, left the door open. Smelling the fresh warm-ish air coming in made me happy. So I left the housework (yet another day) and went to the garage to figure out what I could be productive about outside. Hmmm, too windy for trying out my Windex Outdoor Window hose gadget that I've had since last spring. But I decided that trimming some low limbs from our front trees with a dull saw would give me a great upper body workout. And also I didn't have another saw. Whatever. Sooooo, then, I decided our totally overgrown front bushes would be a great hideout if I just trimmed some branches to hollow out the area between them and the house. You know, the area I should be worried about child abductors hiding in in the middle of the night.
Well let me go ahead and decline the mother of the year award. Because ALL there has been is weeping and gnashing of teeth. Must be the close proximity of all three siblings? The fresh air? The opportunity for imagination to run wild for 3 hours in the beautiful spring day? It could be so many wonderful things really. I actually just told the little one that her choices were to go back outside or take a nap. And here she sits. Weeping. And nashing her teeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment